Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Think I'd Be A Child


If I was to ever expose myself for the world to see -
I think i'd be a child...

I wake up and see my once neatly folded bed sheets skattered about me in a balled up pattern. I see my chosen outfit for the day. It is a powder blue Easter-like dress ruffled at the sleeves. Such innoscence gathered about in a flowing cotton vestido.

I hear your soft footsteps inching closer to my bedroom.
I look at you and you smile.
Mothers always tend to know exactly when you're ready to wake up.
They must get this tingly feeling down in their feet that travels to their fingers and up to the brain signaling the mid morning movements of their only child.
I hope I get such powers.

I am woman again.
I wake up to see my once neatly folded bed sheets skattered about me in a balled up pattern. I see my chosen outfit for the day. It is a powder blue business suit. Such power gathered about in standard work attire.

I hear your soft breathing next to me.
I look at you and you smile.
Husbands always tend to wake up at the same time as their partners.
They must get this bubbly feeling deep in their abdomen that curns up to their lungs and evaporates to the mind. It must signal the first look at the world when their wife opens her eyes to the morning.
I imagine such powers are nice to have.

If I was to ever expose myself for the world to see -
I think i'd be a child.
Things just seem a lot simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment