Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

For this I know is true.

There was a time
I thought I knew
that what I had was true.
But it never felt complete
before you.

What others did for me
was all that I could see:
just a little bit of comfort
shining through.

It was enough to get me by,
even when I didn't try.
But still it never did the trick
as my doubt grew.

Then one day I let go,
and it was easier to know
that the dream I had was finally coming true.

That's where you come in.
At the beginning and the end
of the parts of me I never even knew.

You were different right away,
and at first my heart was tamed,
but you won me just by being something new.

Something sexy.
Something smart.
Something sweet with tons of heart.
And the chance to fall in love the way we do.

The real stuff
like in songs.
It lifts you up and feels like home.
And every day I'm with you
it feels true.

So grant me this
if you don't mind:
promise me you'll take the time
to care for me
as long as I will care for you.

I love you.
For this I know is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment