Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"The God Box"

The God BoxThe God Box by Alex Sanchez

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book is exactly what I've been looking for! The truth of it is outstanding! Anyone that struggles with balancing their sexuality with their faith needs to give this a read. Believing in God and being gay are two things I never thought could mix, but this book proved me otherwise. This story put many ideas into perspective for me and proved that everything we believe is open to interpretation. Great book!



View all my reviews

I recently read the book The God Box by Alex Sanchez. It was a book I was very interested in from the beginning, due to my curiosity of mixing sexuality and spirituality. Growing up, I've always been taught that Christians believe homosexuality to be a sin. I believed that because of the endless amounts of scripture they tossed out with their arguments to back it up. I didn't question it until I got older. As a young adult, I've come to understand the struggle that homosexual teens, and adults, come face to face with on a daily basis. The amount of judgement and ridicule just seemed downright mean. I researched the subject and became very passionate about it. I don't classify myself as being a Christian and believing in a "God", but I do believe there is something bigger. I've come to consider the higher power that guides us to be the idea of fate or destiny. I do think that everything happens for a reason, and I don't think that people BORN with an attraction to the same sex is a mistake. I've spoken with several people that are dealing with all sides of this, and they all claim it is NOT A CHOICE. I 100% agree. Why would an almighty, loving God create a strain of people with a purposeful sin just to shun them and cast them to hell? It doesn't seem fair. I believe that no matter who you are, what you've done, where you've been, or what you believe, it's okay to be happy. Take hold of it when it's presented to you, because you never know what could happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment