Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My First Author Panel

I've already posted about the event in Boca Raton that occurred over a week ago (what??), but I wanted to share more about my experience. This was my first time participating in an author panel, in which I was directed to answer questions from the organizers and the audience. I've been to many panels before, for authors I adore and fangirl over myself, but having the questions directed at me versus the untouchable humans before me was a rather odd experience. Odd doesn't mean bad by any means. It actually means good. Exciting, even! I loved being able to open up and be completely honest about the writing process and the love I have for telling stories. Sharing that with other authors on the panel made it that much better! As a reader, I always considered the writers to be so far out of reach. They were creating worlds and developing characters, not living real lives. But I was wrong. Now that I'm on the other side, it's nice to be able to share what it's like. I want people to know that I'm not someone that can't be reached out to or called on for advice. We all struggle. Just because I have a book published doesn't mean I can't be your friend. I want all of you to know that when I follow you on Twitter or respond to your comments on Instagram, it's not something that should come as a surprise. I am more than willing to develop personal relationships with each and every one of you. You are my support group. You are what inspires me and keeps me going. Share your love, and share your hate. Either way, know that I am here.

Megan.

www.megandukebooks.com

@MeganDukeBooks
(Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)








No comments:

Post a Comment