Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To Amos: Love, Denni




What I want from this is learn to let go. No, not of you - of all that's been told. Forget you and all we've been through. I said leave it. There's nothing in you and if you hate me then hate me so good that you can let me out of this hell when your around.
-Damien Rice


Come all who are lost, into the storm.
Come all who are faithful, take up for the thorns.
Come all others who couldn't remember the cause.....
If you believed the words that spilled from my lips
I would tell you every inch that flows to the tips
Of my heart and my lungs in which I was born
To know of all people who've grown up to scorn.
Please pardon this reckless and heartless disease.
I know nothing more than what leads to the thieves
Of my every desire - what's lost and what's true.
You've known all along that this thing would not do.
I always prepared you for the day that it came.
You knew we would leave this with nothing to gain.
I'm sorry for encroaching myself in your world
For there's no harder fall than one for a girl
You care for with more than support and defense.
You've remembered her eyes and her smile ever since
The first day you tore down your emotional wall
And allowed her the access to bury it all.
You knew that I loved you and you knew it was chance
That us mere humans would suffice for romance
Despite the fact that it all was a dream
In which I envisioned a marvelous scene
Of just you and I with no one in sight.
I allowed my heart to grab hold of that night
That I knew would not come and I never would have.
I want nothing now but release from the scab
That's formed over my heart where your fingers now lie.
If this was all just a dream then I surely should hide
Away from the memories and bring forth and escape.
Let me out of your hell- tis the end of our fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment