Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reflection

I thought I would further elaborate why I made the release date for Because of Him indefinite. When I started planning the series (The Mind Breaker Accounts), it was July 2009 and I was still in high school. I had notebooks that I would fill up with notes and every so often I would sit down and write a page or two of something specific that I wanted in the book. This process took three years and then finally I had something I could work with. The first book became Without Me and it was exactly the way I wanted it to be.
After the first book was finished, I had it planned in my head that I could finish the rest of the series in a reasonable amount of time, so that the others books would be released within the next two years. This was a very high hope. My original date for the release was September 24th. I have a version of the book that I could release to you by that time, but as a writer it would not make me happy. It's not the best version I could give you and I know exactly why. I pushed myself to make the date and by doing that I lost focus of the story itself. All I did was tell it, I didn't capture it like it should be.
This is why I plan to release the second book when I am 100% confident with it. I want my readers to have the best experience possible and this is the only way I know how to do that.

Thank you to everyone who has been so understanding!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment