Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspirational Playlists

Throughout my writing process, I've had the company and push of many artists to help me with inspiration and plot-lines for most of my characters and their stories. I thought it would be nice to share these songs and stories with you so that anyone who has followed along on my journey can experience the beauty of these artists and their inspiration as well. Believe me when I tell you that music is a huge part of my life. Everything I've ever experienced - good or bad, has had a song to latch on to. Because of this, I allowed my characters to live vicariously through me and have the same opportunity. I hope you all enjoy listening and maybe discover something new because of them!


Book One Playlist:

Mouthful of Diamonds -Phantogram
The Mixed Tape - Jack's Mannequin
Coffee Girl - The Tragically Hip
Islands in the Stream - Feist with Constantines
Wasted - Angus & Julia Stone
Fly One Time - Ben Harper and Relentless7
Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine
Slow Lights - Sin Fang
Erase My Scars - Evans Blue
Surely - Black Dub
Skinny Love - Bon Iver
Primitive Man - Fruit Bats
Thieving - Lovedrug
Titanium - David Guetta and Sia
Quiet in the Shade - Gregory Douglass
Arms - Christina Perri
Can't Go Back Now - The Weepies
A Book Like This - Angus & Julia Stone
This Sweet Love - James Yuill


Book Two Playlist:

Babylon - David Gray
Take a Chance - The Magic Numbers
I'm Not Who I Was - Brandon Heath
Black Tables - Other Lives
Happy Apple Poison - Lovedrug
Love - Justin Nozuka
Don't Get Hung Up In Your Soul - Richard Hawley
I and Love and You - The Avett Brothers
Enough For Now - The Fray
Only Ashes - Something Corporate
Above and Below - The Bravery
World's on Fire - Hanson
Apologies - Grace Potter and The Nocturnals
Ain't Gonna Lose You - Brett Dennen
I'm in Here (piano) - Sia
Near to You - A Fine Frenzy
What the Water Gave Me - Florence + The Machine
My Body - Young the Giant


P.S. Thanks to Zack for helping me discover some of these songs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment