Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

so close i can taste it

It has been two years and two months since my book became what it is today. I will admit, it's been longer since I started writing but it wasn't until July of 2009 that it became the story I vowed to put my heart and soul into finishing it for. I've always planned for it to be a series but for some reason I keep finding it difficult to spread out the events over a three book saga. At one point there were going to be four, then three, and now somehow it's dwindled itself down to two. Those events however are only the things i've come up with so far.... I have no doubt that in the future there will be room for expansion.

Only three chapters remain in the gap I have to fill before I can declare my first book complete. It's funny how easy it is to write the beginning and the end of an epic tale, but the middle doesn't really present itself that clear to you. There are declarations to be made and secrets to uncover, as well as a pretty sick battle... but apparently those things are the hardest to write.

I've always heard about writers speaking of their characters like children, but I haven't been able to fully grasp that concept until now. I wrote the last chapter of book one a few weeks ago (out of order of course) and believe it or not I actually felt the urge to cry! These characters have grown very close to me over the past two years. Every day I wake up and think to myself, 'What will happen next?'. Every situation I get myself into I tend to imagine how Denni would respond and what her feelings might be. It's crazy how engulfed you become in creating your own world.

I told myself from the beginning that the moment book one was complete I would start the hunt for an editor, this way at least I'll have one book behind me incase I suddenly get placed on a time crunch to finish the rest...

Anyone who has any advice or knowledge of someone I could contact please leave feedback - it would be much appreciated!

I WILL prove to everyone that no matter what your dream is, it IS possibly if you simply get up off your bum and do something about it! Take a chance! Anything is possible if you truly believe in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment