Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

fresh to death and bound by the shackles of love

First and foremost, it's almost Happy Hunger Games!
I, like most of the world, will be attending the midnight showing of the premiere of The Hunger Games in theaters one week from today! Yay! I finished the first book last month and by far it is one of the best series I've read. I am most willing to put it in the top five right after Harry Potter being #1... yeah it's that good. A close 3rd would still have to be The Wolves of Mercy Falls series (Shiver, Linger, and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater). As for the other two slots it would be a tie between The Twilight Saga and Lucas by Kevin Brooks (Lucas being a single novel).

Since we're on the topic of my current favorite things, I thought it would be nice for you all to know that I have a new obsession with Lana Del Ray. I'm not sure if it's more powerful than the one my fiancé has for her, but I'd say it's pretty darn close. I've been listening to her album non-stop and my favorite singles include Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Video Games, and Dark Paradise. Along side Lana Del Ray I recently purchased the Young the Giant album and it's also to die for. I invested in Julia Stone's new solo debut album as well and even though Angus is currently not a part of it, it's still just as amazing. And I cannot stress how much I am in love with Ed Sheeran's album "+". That my friends will never, NEVER get old. Now last but not least when it comes to songs I have to admit that "How" by Maroon 5 from their album Hands All Over has been played on repeat on my iPod for several weeks now.

So, basically reading and listening to music has been all my life is consumed with at the moment.

Now on to writing...

Yes, I have been writing - no worries about that. Even though the first book is technically finished the additives are taking some time. I decided recently after reading back through my draft copy that some changes needed to be made for the sake of storytelling. It hasn't taken away from any of the original version though, it's only made it better which excites me to the upmost extreme! I made the point that this final version is the one that I'm most enthused about and I truly feel is going to be the one to make it! Once I am 100% happy with the final draft of book 1 (which I have no doubt I will be once it's finished) I will finally be able to put all my efforts into pushing out the 2nd and 3rd volumes. I have a feelings those will take no time to conjure since the brick work of the story will have already been laid in the first installment.

Again I have to thank anyone who has shown support over the past few years and hung in there with me through this long and grueling process. I have no doubt that it'll all be worth it in the end!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment