Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Creatures of the Night: Book Tag

I was tagged by Living in a World of Book Quotes! I saw Kat and Christine's videos for this tag on their channels, so I wanted to do this on my channel as well. But currently, I am away from my books. Terrible, I know. I'm in Virginia visiting my cousin, because he will be graduating from college on Saturday! I'm also doing a few Small Circles related things while I'm here, so I'll be out of Tennessee for one week.

Also, if you didn't know, Blue Lily, Lily Blue came out on Tuesday! I ordered my copy through Fountain Bookstore here in Richmond, and it came signed with swag! But it's sitting at home on my desk in Nashville. Not here. So, not only am I away from all my books, I'm away from THIS SPECIFIC BOOK. Which is depressing.

Nonetheless, let's get on to the tag!

THE CREATURES
1. Vampire
2. Werewolf
3. Zombie
4. Ghost
5. Witch/Warlock/Spell-caster
6. Fairy
7. Demon
8. Angel
9. Alien
10. Super-powered Human



Vampire

The first series that comes to mind is automatically Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.Mostly because I haven't read anything else involving vampires. I probably should. Maybe I'll get on that later...I have to be honest here. I really, really enjoyed these books when they first came out. The first two, Twilight and New Moon, especially. But by the time books three and four were released, I'd lost interest. I can't really judge. I saw the first movie in theaters seven times. Yes. SEVEN. It was the first thing since Harry Potter I could really get excited about, so I guess that's why. If I didn't say Twilight, though, I'd have to say The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. That series have everything, including vampires. My favorite being Simon Lewis!

Werewolf

We'll just go ahead and acknowledge, right here and now, that I love Maggie Steifvater. Anything and everything she does. So, I feel like I have to say Shiver by default. But then again, this is another case where I haven't read anything else about werewolves, so I don't really have a choice. But wait! The Mortal Instruments also has werewolves! Okay! Go Luke!

Zombie

I've never read a zombie book.Yep. But I did see the movie for Warm Bodies

Ghost

THE RAVEN CYCLETHE RAVEN CYCLETHE RAVEN CYCLEby Maggie Steifvater.

Witch/Wizard/Spell-caster

Hmmm. Do I really have to think about this? "You're a wizard, Harry."HARRY POTTER is my number one favorite series of all time! It was my first love when it comes to reading. There will never be another wizard I love more than Harry James Potter! But other than that, Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices! He definitely earns warlock of the year.

Fairy

The Mortal Instruments? Yeah, The Mortal Instruments.

Demons

I know what you're thinking. It has to be The Mortal Instruments. Surprisingly, no. My top series with these creatures of the night is Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Laini Taylor is life. "Karou: it meant hope in the language of the enemy."If you haven't read these books, I will warn you that they are high fantasy. Well, I guess mid-fantasy. A good chunk of the book is based in Prague, but once you find out about the crazy amount of other worlds in existence, it's pretty intense.You have to commit! But once you do, I promise it's worth it! The creatures aren't technically called demons. They are chimera, which is half creatures half human. But they're pretty much the representation of demons in all that matters.

Angel

I'm going to go for an unexpected choice with this one. One of my favorite series involving angels is Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. This is another book that has mixed reviews, but I couldn't help but love it! It kept me interested until the very end. Even when things got cheesy and weird, I couldn't help but soak it all up! And Patch... 

Alien

My favorite alien book is not actually about aliens. It's more sci-fi with a touch of alien life. My choice is These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner.The aliens mentioned in this books are not the typical type we are used to. They're more like spirits than physical beings. But the book is so so so so good!

Super-powered Human


I have no contest with this one. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.These humans have different levels of mind control that are categorized by color.Read it. That's all I have to say.



I tag, The Book Lioness, The Belle Beauty Blog, and The Bookworm Corner!

-Megan.


1 comment:

  1. there is this great spell caster in the states i just met through a friends description, and he have just helped me to get back my husband who left me for 2 years, I am so glad that i met with this spell caster, he is just in the US to help people and i am among those he have helped and i am telling you to also go and get hold of your own solution as he shall soon be living the the States, he said he was in the STATES to help his client. So i met with him and told him about how my husband left me.
    I visited his email address, after a friend talked about how she got help from him. After contacting him, then I found out he is currently in the US.
    It is even because his spell is so strong that is why someone invited him over, And through this medium he has brought home my husband with this spell powers. I contacted him, not up to 2 days, he told me that after 24 hours my husband would return back to me, and that day I was at work when my husband (Collins Mark toddle) called and said he is in the house,and i was so surprise when i really saw him and he just ask me to forgive him so that was how Dr aluda helped me to get my husband back to me so his email address is aludaspelltemple@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348063930531 if you still want him to help you solve your problems for you
    I am Benson Toddle.

    ReplyDelete