Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Casting Wishlist (#10InfiniteWeeks)

Today is the last day I'll be hosting the 10 Infinite Weeks tour on this blog...
Sad faces all around, I know.
That does NOT mean I won't be posting at all. Every so often, I'll still be throwing in my two cents about the character being recognized each week. After all, I did create them.

As for today, I'm not going to talk about Carter exclusively. There isn't that much more to say about him, so I'm going to use this final platform to fangirl with you all over my top picks for fan-casting ALL of my characters. I posted a list a while back, but it wasn't complete. To this day I'm still a bit iffy on certain choices, but I'm going to share them all regardless. Please feel free to share your own spare change on the issue.


First is LARSON ASHBY. Originally, I was dead set on Callan McAuliffe, but recently I was captivated by not only the look but the acting skill of one Mr. Dane Dehaan. Man! That kid is good! Of course I loved him in The Amazing Spiderman 2, but it was Kill Your Darlings with costar Daniel Radcliffe that really hooked me. If you haven't seen this film, it's definitely a must.

PAXTON GRAHAM was a complete mystery to me until Jaclyn from Living in a World of Book Quotes posted an edit on her Instagram featuring Tom Sturridge! Holy bajesus, this boy is my everything when it comes to Paxton! He may be a bit too old to play a high schooler, but let's be real. They cast 30 year olds to play 16 year olds all the time. Shall we talk about Theo James as Four? No? Okay.

OWEN SPENCER was not hard for me to picture in my mind. From the beginning, I'd imagined Logan Lerman while writing. There's really not much for me to say, because even if you don't agree with my choice, I respectively decline your opinion. Sorry. Logan is bae.

JADE WALBRIDGE was also not a hard choice. I'd thought about Shay Mitchell as a good match for looks, but I wasn't sure about personality. The only thing I've ever seen Shay in is Pretty Little Liars, so I don't have much to judge her on. I have no doubt she'd do well, but if you all know of any other actresses that fit the physical criteria, let me know!

There were two choices for CHARLEIGH MCAFEE. I like both Chloe Moretz and Abigail Breslin for looks, but I have to lean more towards Chloe because she is amazeballs. I can't even express how much I love her.

SILAS MCFULLER is a toughie, but Jaclyn came to my rescue again, steering me towards Joe Dinicol. I've never seen any of his movies before, but just by looks I'm 90% sold. I'd previously considered Ben Levin from As the World Turns, but thought better of it.

LOGAN BROWN could possibly go many different ways. He's a very normal looking boy. Brown hair. Blue eyes. Medium build. Pretty much 50 million dudes look like this in the U.S. alone. But I have to say, I've come to love Dylan O'Brien. You're all going to hate me, but the first time I saw Dylan on screen was when I saw The Maze Runner in theaters. Yeah... I've never watched Teen Wolf. But before you start throwing popcorn, note this: I rarely watch TV at all. I typically watch Netflix and binge on whatever show I desire. The only show I keep up with regularly is Bates Motel, which isn't even on right now. For the longest time Teen Wolf was on Netflix, and I wanted to watch it but never got around to it. Then, when I finally thought about it, they took it away. So, don't blame me, people!

TUCKER WATSON was, and still is, probably the hardest character to imagine in my head. I think it's because I based a lot of his traits on Trent - my future significant other - and picturing him with Charleigh didn't add up in my mind. Instead, while I was writing, I kept him as a figment with blond hair and freckles more than an actual boy. If I were to get specific, I'd say the actor I've considered the most would be Lucas Till. If you've seen the Hannah Montana movie, then you can imagine him as being the perfect farm boy Tucker represents.

AUDRINA ASHBY is definitely Nicola Peltz in my head. Now more so than when I was writing it. While writing Three Sixty, I actually imagined her being similar to my friend Morgan LaFave, which is why I use her for photos! But on the celebrity casting side of things, Nicola is incredible. Most of you might recognize her from Transformers: Age of Extinction. If you know me well, however, you probably have guessed that I snatched this lady up from Bates Motel. It's definitely one of my favorite shows on television right now, and I'm eagerly waiting for season 3!

CARTER ASHBY is Taylor Lautner. K bye.


Alright people of the internet. Thanks for following me on the first 3 weeks of this tour! I hope you learned something. If not, I hope you were at least a little entertained!

Starting tomorrow, Lauren from The Bookworm Corner is going to be hosting, and her character is Charleigh McAfee from Ninety Degrees!



-Megan.








No comments:

Post a Comment