Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Setting

These are some of the places that inspired me when writing the first book. There were several houses I had to imagine including Jack's, Liz's, and Amos's apartment. I also had a pretty vivid picture in my head of what I wanted to pub to look like even though I didn't go into detail describing it in the book. I googled a lot of places in or around Manchester and came up with a few places that I liked.


^ Jack's house in the south of Manchester. It's one of those English townhouses that are all bunches up together down the road and have brightly colored doors. In the book Jack has a green door.


(This house is in New England)


^ Two houses that when combined resemble what I envisioned for Liz's gigantic home in York, provided by Cox and his wealth.


^ Something along the lines of what Amos and Denni's flat would look like.


^ The actual mall, Trafford Centre, in Manchester that is supposed to be like the one Denni and Jack work at.


^ York railway station.




^ The Bulls Head Pub. An actual pub that I found. I didn't really base my pub on this one. But here's a picture so you can see anyways.





^ Manchester, England


^York, England



All of these pictures were taken of actual places in England. I found them on Google but don't remember where. I'm not using them for anything, I only studied them as inspiration for the settings in my book. The houses and places I describe in Without Me are completely my own and were created from my imagination. These pictures are to show you a similar vision of what was in my head. Hope you enjoy!


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment