Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

"10 Books That Mean Something To You" Challenge

I've made it to the Outer Banks. I'm actually in my bed, freezing by the way, and trying to catch up on organizing everything for 10 Infinite Weeks. I do, however, want to do this challenge that I was tagged to do before I forget. So, thank you Jaclyn from livinginaworldofbookquotes for tagging me!

Here are the instructions:

“List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way, and tag 10 people to do the same. Don’t over think it. They don’t have to be the ‘right’ books or great works of literature, just books that have influenced you in some way. Then tag 10 friends plus me so I can see your list.”

I don't know a lot of people's blog URLs, so I'm tagging anyone that wants to participate! I'll be sharing this on all of my social accounts!

So, here we go....

I'm going to start with my top 3 favorite books of all time.

1) Lucas by Kevin Brooks
2) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
3) Looking for Alaska by John Green

THOSE ^ are all incredible reads that made me cry, laugh, and think. Each I read several years ago, and they have never left me, even to this day. Lucas changed my entire view on the world around me. Looking for Alaska made me fall in love with John Green and inspired me to write my own contemporary novel. The Perks of Being a Wallflower... well, there really are no words.

Now for the rest....

4) Crooked by Laura and Tom McNeal
5) It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
6) Paper Towns by John Green
7) Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson

^ This book, specifically, reminded me of how important friendship is. It reminded me of a relationship I had when I was younger that I no longer have today.


8) The God Box by Alex Sanchez

^ Everyone needs to read this book. It sheds incredible light on those that struggle with being openly gay and attempting to cling onto their religion.

9) I'll Get There, It Better Be Worth the Trip by John Donovan
10) Cut by Patricia McCormick


Okay. Now, the reason why I chose most of these books was because they all share a very specific message. They opened by eyes, and that means something to me. I want to share them with you all, so they might open your eyes as well.

I'll be writing again towards the end of the week once I'm back in Virginia. Look forward to lots of pictures and a vlog from OBX on my new channel Megan Duke Books!


-it's okay to be happy!
Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment