Writer of Stories.

Writer of Stories.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Short Excerpt from Infinite Limits

There was no one else Audrina looked up to more. Her brother was the strongest person in the world. No matter what happened, he’d kept his head held high and pressed on. Sometimes he crashed, but he never burned.
“I still can’t imagine what it must have been like,” she admitted.
Larson frowned. “What what was like?”
“Losing him. Permanently.”
She knew he didn’t like to talk about it. He didn’t like sharing very much about Owen. It was out of respect that he kept so much of their relationship to himself. He didn’t want to taint it, or let anyone take it away.

He suddenly became very serious. He took in a deep breath and laced his hands in his lap. “Did I ever tell you the last thing he said to me?” Audrina shook her head. “He said, ‘I love you, Larson Ashby’.” Larson then smiled innocently to himself. “When it got really hard to deal with, and I just couldn’t stand the pain, I tried to remind myself that he’d said that. He was happy before he died, and it was because of me.”


INFINITE LIMITS - AVAILABLE  12/16/14

www.megandukebooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment